Friday, November 6, 2020

For my country and my school, I pray...

I pray for systems that support people; that are thoughtful, comprehensive and have foresight for people's long term needs.

I pray for policies that not only keep in mind those directly impacted, but also those who have to implement them.

I pray for people's voices to be heard; for their questions to be answered.

I pray for courageous leaders who aren't afraid to make mistakes and stand for what's right, but who also aren't afraid of dissent and tough conversations. 

I pray that leaders trust the experts in their field and treat them like the valued professionals that they are, whether that be scientists or teachers. 

I pray that we can all stay optimistic through all of this, while fighting for what's important; we need that strength now more than ever.  

I pray that actions match the words of an elected or hired leader.  It is not enough to know what to say.  It is more important that your actions fit what you claim to value. 


No comments:

Post a Comment